POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Intel Compile a magnitude slower than VC6 : Intel Compile a magnitude slower than VC6 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Intel Compile a magnitude slower than VC6
From: Lutz-Peter Hooge
Date: 31 Oct 2001 07:12:59
Message: <MPG.164a09262126c3159896aa@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'm currently working on a scene with a glass filled with water, so may
reflections/refractions are involved, max_trace level is 100.

A test render in 320x240 took ~15 Minutes with the intel compile for the
first 30 lines. That seemd a little too slow, so I tried with the VC6
compile... It took 20 seconds for the same!
I first thought it was a mistake, +c in the command-line or something,
but it wasn't.

I havn't yet a minimalistic scene to demonstrate the issue, but will nake
one if necessary as soon as i find the time for it.

my system is: Athlon 500 Mhz, 256 MB RAM, Win98SE, Pov 3.5 beta 7 (of
course)

Lutz-Peter